Thursday, July 15, 2010

not much...



I added the pictures I was talking about yesterday to yesterday's blog entry...the connection was too slow to upload at that time.

Roger and I rolled the ORs in Butare today - one OR, six residents. We used the oldest still-active anesthetic machine that I've ever seen, but were supplied with a complement of new medications. Patient did great, and very pain-free. The next OR had a patient with a large intra-intestinal worm, though, so that was pretty interesting - if you're into that kind of thing. And now we're going to head down to see if the hotel pool is swimmable. I realize that it sounds like Ashley and I are in 2 different worlds right now, but don't blame me if my volunteer program is well managed! She paid a bunch of money, sure as shit they can afford more than hot dog buns for breakfast. Anyway, she'll be getting away from the poo-pots for the weekend, and will have some semblance of comfort for a few days. Builds character.

Gotta hit the pool. ;)

and what the hell, here's another pic of Roger, me and the residents. From back to front, left to right: Christian, Rog, Claude, Fred, Antoine, Sylvestre, Theo, Domascene, Issac, Aflred, and me. Missing is Adolphe.

No comments:

Post a Comment